Monday, March 28, 2011

 
Lil Wayne and Paris Hilton aren't exactly peas in a pod, but that didn't stop Interview magazine from pairing the two together for a chat about life, music, family and jail.


Lil Wayne spent eight months of 2010 in prison -- something Hilton is familiar with, to a lesser extent -- and has been enjoying time with his four children since being released.


"My main thing is to chill with my kids," Weezy tells Paris. "They live with their moms, but they're always with me."


Wayne is renowned for his tireless work ethic, and with 12-year-old daughter Reginae, the apple didn't fall far from the tree. "My daughter loves to work, as well -- she loves to record and stuff -- so I like to work with her."


Also, Lil Wayne has two pet sharks. Read on for more interview excerpts.


On solitary confinement in jail: "For me it was okay, because it just meant that I was alone with my thoughts. There were times when it was pretty tough to be by yourself, and to have no television, no sort of nothing. That was kind of tough. But I didn't have to be in there long. It was just a month. I was okay. I did fine."


On life after jail: "You're definitely more in tune to what you're doing. You're definitely more humble. I think that most people who come out of that situation just want to make the most of life afterwards. Honestly it was just one big humbling experience."


Lil Wayne on living up to his self-proclaimed best rapper alive title: "It's very exciting. I love pressure, so I guess if that brings forth pressure, then I'm up for it. But, you know, titles are titles, and names are names. As long as people remember me forever, that will be enough for me."


Does he worry about offensive lyrical content? "No. That's one thing about me, and I think that's what most of my fans enjoy about me, that I don't hold nothing back. I do exactly what I want to do, and say exactly what I want to say. Sometimes I consider the fact that I have a daughter, but I also think about the realities of the world, and just let her know that this is the reality and this world is crazy and there are people out there that are a certain kind of way. I mean, once I get through that hump, then, like I said, I just say what's on my mind."


On rapping about money, sex, violence: "Music is a reflection of who you are, and if those things that you mentioned are what your music is all about, then I guess that's who you are. I mean, I think it's just that simple. You have to be someone who is able to speak about different things. I speak about what I speak about, and I guess that's because I'm a crazy-ass n***a. [Hilton laughs] Kanye [West] speaks about a lot of different things, but that's because of who he is. You have Jay-Z, and he speaks about more corporate things, and I'm quite sure he's a pretty corporate guy. But I guess it's all who you are."


Hilton's goals for 2010: "I'd really love to finish my album, because I've been working on it for so long, but I've had so many other projects that it's hard to focus on one thing. I'd also love to just continue doing my businesses, and be more confrontational with people, because I let a lot of people get away with stuff because I don't say anything. So, personally, I wish that I would be stronger with people."


Weezy's goals for 2010: "I want to bank a cool $50 million at least. At the end of this year, I want to be able to say that I banked $50 million. Not generated $50 million, but actually banked $50 million."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY