Wednesday, March 30, 2011

 
Not only was Colin Farrell one of the few non-family members who attended Elizabeth Taylor's funeral last week, he also recited a poem during the service. The actor explained his unlikely
friendship with the late, great actress to Access Hollywood.


"How did we become friends? You know, the old story of boy meets girl, and boy pesters girl with too many phone calls at inappropriate hours of the night," Farrell said of his friendship with Taylor, who passed away last week at age 79. "I was just lucky enough to become her friend in the last year and a half," he said. "I adore her... still."


The admiration was mutual, as Taylor mentioned him in an interview with Kim Kardashian for the March issue of Harper's Bazaar. "I love Johnny Depp, and I love Colin Farrell -- both brilliant, nuanced actors with great range."


Farrell was asked to read the poem 'The Leaden Echo and the Golden Echo' at Taylor's funeral -- a request made by the actress before her death, which was passed along to Farrell.


"Elizabeth chose it. It was a tricky poem as well," Farrell said. "Even in passing she had me under the thumb, sweating bricks."


"I just miss her; I just miss her; I just miss her," he said of his late friend.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY